- Be honest with yourself. Take a look at your week and your schedule. Be honest about where you need to be and when and plan accordingly. Do not over book or over extend, just be real.
- Prioritize tasks. Make a list of all the items that you want to get done and then prioritize them. Look at each item and your week – determine the time you have to devote to these items and choose the ones you can accomplish, even if only one. Some weeks you can get 3 items complete, others 1, or more; it is not a race. There will always be a list… go through your list with purpose. Even if you accomplished one task per week it adds up.
- Make good business decisions with your time. Often we have a plan and something will come up to pull us off focus. That is life. Before you jump in a new direction just ask yourself, “does this make good business sense?”. If the answer is yes, then adjust your schedule and move on. If, however the answer is no, hold to your boundaries and schedule. The only thing you can control is your time – use it wisely and make smart business decisions with it.
- Delegate when possible. In looking at your week, are there any items you can delegate to another? Don’t be afraid to ask or think “I can just do this myself”. It has nothing to do with your capabilities – it is about time and balance. Focus on your dollar productive activities and delegate out other ones that are time consuming for you.
- When in a time crunch, focus on your 1 thing. We all have one thing that has made a difference for us; this is the items that centers us and that we connect with. For some it is calls to sphere, others it is note cards and still others like the reviews. Regardless, if you are feeling stretched or stressed go to your thing – it brings you comfort, will re-energize you and help you re-focus. Plus it is something you enjoy… and that is a good thing.
At the end of the day, give yourself a little forgiveness. I am not saying to let yourself off the hook or to not push yourself, but all we can do is our best. There will always be more we can do or something that didn’t get done. Oh well. At the end of the day, did you do your best with the time you had? If so – celebrate that and come back tomorrow ready to do it again.
Life is not about getting it all done – it is about enjoying what you do with the time you have and doing your best.
Have a great week!